The Diploma program in Automobile engineering deals with the study of various engines and their construction, electrical systems, alternate fuels, safety, economics and quality of an automobile. For a better learning experience, students are exposed to case studies , brainstorming, written tests, computer simulation, group discussions, industrial training seminars and projects.
|Autiomobile Engg. (Ist Shift)
|Automobile Engg.(IInd Shift)
To develop technically skilled diploma engineers in the field of automobile engineering having ability to face industrial challenges for betterment of society.
- To inculcate among students technical skills through classroom interactions and well equipped laboratories.
- To make aware the growing challenges in industry through institute interactions.
- To provide opportunities for developing professional ethics and leadership qualities.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To develop effective teamwork skills and ethical responsibilities among students through various technical activities.
- To enable students with strong knowledge to solve automobile problems based on interdisciplinary skills to serve their profession and society ethically.
- To pursue successful career in automotive industry in the domain of design, testing and diagnostics that meet the needs of companies.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES (PSOs)
- An ability to create awareness in society regarding automotive road safety and emission norms.
- An ability to make use of mechanical and automotive equipment for diagnose and maintenance of various automotive system.
- An ability to identify, understand and analyze complex engineering problems in automobile, design and manufacturing.
- An ability to diagnose the automotive system failures and repair the components so as to bring the vehicle in original condition.
Mr. Shivaji Aher M.E(Machine Design) - Head of Department
Modern automotive industries need experts in vehicle design and manufacture. With this in mind, the Department of Automobile Engineering was established in 2010 to train the students in the area of automobile engineering. The objective of this program in Automobile Engineering is to give students a broad exposure in the design, development and testing of automobiles. Furthermore, the program trains them to meet the technological challenges and diverse needs of the industry and society in various areas of automobile engineering and equips them to excel in a truly competitive industry.
Vehicle layout and transmission labs
Automobile Engine Lab
Vehicle System Maintenance Lab
Two Wheeler Technology Lab
Student Corner: To create an environment that inspires a passion for student success, Student Association of Mechanical Engg & Automobile Engineering (ACME) is formed to keep the aim to bring together students with a common interest by hosting a number of social and intellectual events for the overall development of students.
ACME meets regularly to share ideas and discuss the issues related to academic matter. It undertake specialized branch specific activity like invited talks, seminars, paper presentation, group discussions, tech quiz competition, project exhibition, social events, fresher welcome party and farewell functions etc.,
Expert Lecture on “Energy Auditor : A new career”
The lecture was delivered by “Mr.Pramod Daspute”,PCRA(Petrolium Conservation Research Association). The basic knowledge to the students about Energy Audit was given and students were encouraged to develop their carrier in Energy field.
Seminar On Recent Technology Related To Metro Rail
The lecture was delivered by Mr. Yashwant Jogdeo ,Ex.Public Awareness consultant, Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd.Reasi Jammu & Kashmir.He has shared his work experience in Konkan Railway to students. He has given detailed information about Konkan Railway project.Overall the seminar was very effective as it also includes recent technology related to metro rail.
Seminar on “Solar photo voltaic technology”
Expert lecture on Solar photo voltaic technology’s and renewable energy’ By Dr.. Satvasheel Powar, Assistant professor IIT Mandi was arranged for students of second and third year of Electronics and Telecommunication.
Seminar helped students in understanding generation of electricity from solar cell using photovoltaic effect.
Visit to “TVS Supreme Automobiles”, Ulhasnagar, Near Vithalwadi Railway Station
Students got information about the new bike, its specification, features etc. then students visited to spare parts section where students got introduction of different spare parts. Mainly students got major advantage in service and maintenance department where the students learnt and understood the major trouble, causes and there remedial solution in bike.
Visit to “Mercedes Benz”, At.Post – Chakan Industrial Area, Pune
An introduction about the company was given by Plant Manager. Then one of the supervisor guided students about the manufacturing assembly line also explained the floor area. Students visited to assembly line of Mercedes benz maybach vehicle. Supervisor explained its specification, features about the vehicle then students visited to spare parts section where students got introduction of different spare parts. Mainly students get major advantage in Testing & QC department and also in Paint shop department where the students learn understand the major things in vehicle.
Visit to “Sugar Factory”, Bhausaheb Santaji Thorat Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana, SANGAMNER
Student got detailed information about the sugar factory and started with visiting to the Conveyors system for sugar canes, over headed cranes. Student also visited to boiler, chimney section with Maintenance department.
Visit to RITU HUNDAI, , near Kongaon toll naka kalian – Bhiwandi road
The visit highlighted on following aspects:
• Automobile maintenance techniques
• Different type of tools for maintenance
• Balancing of wheels.