Department of Computer Technology has state of the art labs, machines with high configuration and latest software required for teaching. The department endeavors to impart quality education to students in the areas of computer technology. The department has very competent faculty to teach advanced topics of cloud computing, software quality, cyber security, artificial intelligence and so in. The faculty is actively engaged in research and publications.
To empower the students with technical knowledge and practical skills in the field of computer engineering to meet industrial challenges and needs of society.
- To impart technical knowledge and skills through classroom interactions and well equipped laboratories.
- To establish industry institute interaction to make students familiar with recent advancement in industry.
- To provide an environment that inculcates professional ethics and effective leadership qualities for overall development.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To empower the students to apply their knowledge of various domains and cultivate a habit of life-long learning.
- To develop the overall personality of students and inculcates the leadership qualities, creativity.
- To apply technical skills to analysing and designing appropriate solution to overcoming emerging challenges in the industries.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES (PSOs)
- An ability to design and develop applications using software programming, database and graphical interface.
- An ability to design and implement the concept of networking and security to build real time application with professional ethics and principles.
- An ability to employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms for developing solutions.
Mr. Shende Naresh M.E.(Information Tech.)- Head of Department
The Department of Computer Technology at SSJP provides an open, friendly, diverse, and collaborative atmosphere to study. State of the art computing laboratories are equipped with the latest machines, software and are networked to the client machines throughout the department. Emphasis is laid on fundamentals of computer science and engineering supported by laboratory practicals.
We have additional licensed software other than mentioned by MSBTE curriculum for the exposure of practical knowledge in depth.
To create an environment that inspires a passion for student success, Student Association of Computer & IT (SAIEC) is formed to keep the aim to bring together students with a common interest by hosting a number of social and intellectual events for the overall development of students.
SAIEC meets regularly to share ideas and discuss the issues related to academic matter. It undertake specialized branch specific activity like invited talks, seminars, paper presentation, group discussions, tech quiz competition, project exhibition, social events, fresher welcome party and farewell functions etc.,
Few of the interesting Seminar & Workshop conducted by Industrialists and Academicians: -
- 3 days workshop on Feast Technology Software on design of Machine elements and fatigue testing conducted by eminent personalities Dr. Vasudevan, Mr. Shrawan Bhumkarf & Mr. Sujit Yadav from Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai Powai
- Welding Technology delivered by Mr. Abanave from L & T, Powai
- Six Sigma
- Non Traditional Machining
- Career counseling
- Automation Nirmal Industries
- 5 days workshop on “Emerging Trends in Engg.& Technology”
- Wheel Balancing
- Piping Technology – Mr.Venkatraman Upadyay, G.M. Reliance
Smart India Hackathon 2017,”World’s Biggest Hackathon” – Team Participation in Grand Finale.
Group of students from Computer and Information Technology final year participated in Smart India Hackathon 2017 grand Finale at Techno India NJR Institute of Technology ,Udaipur for presenting and executing their idea for “Ticket Checking System” of Railway Ministry.
Three days workshop on “Big Data and Hadoop”
Two Workshops were organized in Shivajirao S. Jondhle Polytechnic, Asangaon during 19th August to 21st August 2016, by RoboKart.
The first workshop was on “Big Data and Hadoop”, organized by Computer Technology and Information Technology departments. Near about 30 beneficiary students of final year participated in this workshop.
The second workshop was on “IC Engine”, organized by Mechanical and Automobile Engineering departments. 60 beneficiary students of final year participated in this workshop.
Zonal level compitition was conducted and winners will participate in next round of National level Championship
Workshop “On Complex Networks And Cyber Physical System”
Faculties from Computer and Information Technology department attended a One Week Workshop “On Complex Networks And Cyber Physical System”,Organized by Electrical department and Center of excellence in complex nonlinear dynamical system (COE-CNDS)VJTI Mumbai.(Under TEQP-II) In co-ordination with centre for Continuing Education IIT Madras.
Computer Society of India
Computer Society of India is the first and largest body of computer professionals in India. It was started on 6 March 1965 by a few computer professionals and has now grown to be the national body representing computer professionals. It has 71 chapters across India, 418 student branches, and more than 90,000 members.
The Computer Society of India is a non-profit professional meet to exchange views and information learn and share ideas. The wide spectrum of members is committed to the advancement of theory and practice of Computer Engineering and Technology Systems, Science and Engineering, Information Processing and related Arts and Sciences.
The CSI Golden Tech-Bridge Programme
Shivajirao S. Jondhle Polytechnic, Asangaon organized a one day workshop “Golden Tech Bridge” under Computer Society of India (CSI) Student Branch(SB) on 9th August 2014 for marking the 50th year of Service of Computer Society of India (CSI).The workshop aimed at introducing computers and its advantages to the unexposed sections of society such as elders, destitute, housewives, economically disadvantaged, etc. The programme provided an overview of the subject to the 50 plus participants. The basic topics such basics of computers and internet and use of some office tools and e-mail were explained in the classes, and simple applications of computers were demonstrated in computer laboratory.
Big Data & Hadoop Workshop
The workshop was held on Big Data & Hadoop for Computer & Information Technology students. The workshop was conducted by Mr. Harshal Joshi . They shared the knowledge and information about Big Data and Hadoop.
Workshop covers following points:
• Introduction to Big Data
• Overview of Apache Hadoop
• The Challenges at Scale and the Hadoop Comparison to Existing Database Technologies
• The Hadoop Architecture & Module
• Hadoop Multi Node Clusters, HDFS Installation and Shell Commands, Hadoop Map Reduce – Key Features & Highlights, Hadoop YARN Technology.
Expert lecture on Career Trends in IT as Software tester
The seminar wasconducted by Squad Infotech Pvt.Ltd,Vashi for Computer & Information Technology students. The lecture was delivered by Mr. sheetal Mhatre.They shared the knowledge and information about how software quality is defined and its means. Software quality is the degree of conformance to explicit or implicit requirements and expectations.
Expert lecture on “Health Awareness”
The seminar was organized on “Health Awareness” for Computer & Information Technology students.The lecture was delivered by Mr. Jagdish Gavande Unisurge solutions,NASIK. They gave information about health which is affected by a wide variety of factors, from the genes that we inherit from our parents to the climate we live in and the work we do.
From what we eat and drink, to how much exercise we take, and whether we smoke or take drugs, all will affect our health, not only in terms of life expectancy, but how long we can expect to live without experiencing chronic disease.
Taking control of your health may seem daunting, particularly for those of us who are trying to change what may be the habit of a lifetime, like smoking. But simple changes, like eating more fruit and vegetables, cutting down on alcohol and taking regular exercise, can and will help you to look and feel better, now and in the future, whatever your age.
Expert Lecture on “Latest Trends in IT”
The seminar was conducted by Vidyusis InfoTech pvt.ltd for Computer & Information Technology students . The lecture was delivered by Mr. Avinash Pai. They shared knowledge on how to keep IT systems running, a large workforce is needed to maintain networks, create new software, and ensure information security. In addition, the proliferation of smart phones has given rise to a new “app economy,” in which new employment opportunities are available for developers who create the programs that run on mobile devices.
Global Telecommunication Ltd
The Industrial visit focused on how to manage telecom towers and communication structures that are shared by the Wireless Telecom Operators.
Purpose of visit to give Practical knowledge of :
• Telecom services
• How to expand the telecom network and introduce new services
• How to raise revenue for telecom development needs of India 's key metro cities of Delhi & Mumbai.
Nisarg Paryatan Kendra
Purpose of the visit was to give the knowledge about laws of nature, different kinds of flowers,fauna and wild life etc.